1. Private Use. The Town Creek Pool and surrounding grounds are private property for member use only. Only members in good standing (i.e. dues paid) and their guests may use the pool.
2. Daily Sign In. Members must sign in their entire party (themselves and their guests). Guest usage fee is $5 for each guest each day (or one punch of the share-holder guest vouchers). Guest passes/vouchers must be punched by a guard or pool staff person each day for each guest.
3. Babysitters. Children of pool members may be accompanied by non-member babysitters in place of their parent. Members please register your regular, non-member babysitters with the Pool Manager.
4. Weather Closures. If the weather is questionable, please call the pool before coming. For passing storms, the pool will close TEMPORARILY at the first sound of thunder until 30 minutes after the last clap of thunder. At the pool manager’s discretion, the pool may close FOR THE DAY if the storm is likely to continue until the scheduled pool closing time.
5. User Conduct. All pool users must observe the following rules. The Pool Manager and Lifeguards are the final authority regarding safety at the pool. Guards are authorized to remove disruptive users or users who do not obey these rules.
a. Shower before you swim. Please limit showers to 2 minutes per person. b. No running, horse play, or unsafe behavior. c. Promptly and respectfully obey all lifeguard signals and orders. d. No chewing gum. e. No glass containers. f. Clean up your own mess. g. Park bikes and scooters at bike rack, not at fence or in the walkway.
6. Swimming Ability. In order to swim in water deeper than their height, minors must demonstrate to a lifeguard on duty that they can swim across the width of the pool and tread water for 1 minute. Swimmers who have not passed this test must stay where they can touch bottom OR use a floatation device and be accompanied in the pool by an adult.
7. Unaccompanied Children. Children under 8 must have an adult supervising them regardless of swimming ability. Children 8 and older may swim without an adult provided they have demonstrated swimming ability.
8. Diving Board. Before going off the board, all swimmers in the diving well must be holding onto the ladder or the side of the diving well. Dive straight from the board, one person at a time, and with only one bounce per dive. Diving off the side of the pool into the well is at the life guard’s discretion.
9. Adult Swim. The last 15 minutes of every hour is adult swim. Only children 3 and under with an adult may be in the main pool. Lifeguards are allowed to monitor the pool without being in the guard chair during this time.
10. Floatation Devices. Rafts, floats, noodles, and balls are PERMITTED in the pool. During extremely busy days, lifeguards may decide to have them removed for the safety of the membership but this doesn’t happen often.
11. Baby Pool. The baby pool is to be used by preschool-aged children and younger. Lifeguards do not monitor this area so children must be properly supervised at all times.
12. Special Event Use. The pool can be used after normal hours for private functions. Members desiring to host a private function must contact the Pool Manager at least 5 days prior to reserve and coordinate. The usage fee is $100 a night plus wages for 2-3 lifeguards at $15 per hour each), depending on the size of your group. See the Pool Manager for details regarding After-Hours Private Parties.
13. For Profit Use. Anyone desiring to use the pool property for any commercial activity (activity intended to make money or other compensation, like selling crafts, teaching swim lessons or aqua aerobics, etc.) must apply for approval in writing to the Town Creek Recreation board at least 1 week prior to planned activity.
14. Snacks and Drinks. Both are sold at the pool to raise money for facility maintenance. Members and guests may bring their own food and drink to the pool.
Serving the community for 50 years.
This site is maintained by the Town Creek Recreation, Inc.